Customer Experience is like exercising: you know you should be doing it, but getting started is always difficult. Now, once you start, you end up hooking yourself and it becomes your routine. And it is that as soon as you see the results and the abs begin to appear, there is no going back; you have become a passionate achiever.
What is the Customer Experience?
La Customer Experience -Customer Experience in English or CX for friends- is, or should be, a philosophy in companies. Suppose ua way of thinking, guiding and acting towards the client. It involves placing in the center of our thoughtsand pput on his skin before carry out any action.
Thus, if we had to summarize CX, we would do it in a question: what I do or want to do solves a need of my client?
And this question, although it seems trivial, represents a qualitative leap in the culture of the company. In this way, the objective of the organization is no longer just to know how it benefits me company, but now also goes through knowing how it benefits Tomás, Ana, Marta or Roberto. That is, know how it benefits our customers.
And as a picture is worth a thousand words, here is a graph that exemplifies it in a very visual way:
La Customer Experience is, therefore, seeking mutual benefit. Eifntending that meeting our objectives requires meeting my client's objectives, and that I will only achieve that if I understand what my client require.
Benefits of betting on Customer Experience
Well, I understand how it benefits my client, but ... how does it benefit me or my company? With numbers everything makes sense:
- More profitability: + 25% in the income statement, thanks to an increase in income of 10-15% and a reduction in service costs of 15-20%.
- Higher sales margin: + 140%, difference in spending between those consumers who had a positive experience versus consumers with a negative experience.
- Increase in purchase consideration: 64% of consumers say that customer experience is more important than price in brand choice.
- More repeat customers: 92% of customers who rate their experience as "very good" buy from the company again.
And a long list of data that companies that have already implemented it could count on. Because, as with exercise, the more he trains, mace abdominal se they get.
How to work the Customer Experience
All great, me I go convincing, but ... how do I work this? Well, then we share a simple recipe with 2 ingredients and 5 steps to follow (already, simple says ...):
- Customers: basic, right? And if we just launched and we don't have them yet, let's start with our potential clients. The basic thing is to involve those who are going to buy from us.
- Customer Journey (or client sequence): this will be our map, and it deserves a separate chapter. A little spoiler: it is a sequence of events and interactions that the customer lives with our organization, and runs through the experience from the moment the need arises until it is covered both with purchase and use.
- To diagnose: This step is key. Must ask to understand, understand to act. If we want to give the customer what they need, it is it is essential to listen to him. We can do it qualitatively (interviews, focus, observation ...) or quantitatively (questionnAryans mystery Shopping quantitative…).
- Create a Customer strategy Centric: once we meet our client, it is time to draw up our strategy by placing him at the center. How are we going to interact with customers? What value do we add? That makes us different? How does it fit in with our strengths and our goals? Once we define it, it will be the umbrella under which we will launch future actions.
- Design the new Customer Journey: we know what our client needs and how we want to be with him. It is time to detail it in concrete actions: what will the client live with us at all times? It's about turning promises into action.
- Implant it: We may have already reinvented the wheel in our heads that as long as we don't start it, it won't do any good. What new services do we have to develop? Through what channels? What communications will we launch? How will people make it happen?
- Measure it (and adjust it): CX is an ongoing process, and never stops. As we said at the beginning, it is a 'vice', and that implies that we will always want more. Have we managed to implement what we designed? How has the customer received it? What can we adjust? What to work now? The client evolves, and we have to do it with him.
Where do I start my CX working?
Put on our shoes and go for a run, or what is the same, pregret To our client. If it is the first time that we work the CX, the priority is know your opinion directly:
- What lives with us today?
- What do you like?
- Where could we improve?
- What are the needs that are not covered?
Now, if we want to go one step further, we will need a training plan. Working the CX implies deeply understanding our client, knowing what we have to do, when, and how. And for that there is no better tool than the Customer Journey.
Did you like it? We recommend that you continue reading: