At a time when lmost sectors are transforming their business models -digitalizing and allowing them to be closer to the client-, 50% of companies in the United States and the United Kingdom claim to have launched digital transformation actions, but Only between 10% and 33% consider having achieved a real transformation.
Whether for its 1.500 offices, its 2.000 employees serving the customer, geographic dispersion or B2B customers who impose their own rules, we encounter this problem, especially in the transformation of large sales and service networks that attend the customer in person, that is, those who decide, today, 91% of sales.
And it is in this context where, in parallel, the new digital native companies like Amazon or Google - agile and able to adapt quickly to new models and technologies or even create them themselves - are expanding to other new sectors and health o transport.
Thus, Can we afford to delay the transformation? It has never been simple and today is more pressing than ever. But how to secure the future of my company? How to continue being the leaders in our sector? How to stop competing in price? How to differentiate myself and that all my network moves in the same direction? We know the future, we know where to go, but how to mobilize the transformation?
For respond to all these questions and address the transformation of large networks We have to keep in mind four keys to success:
1 The customer is the origin of the transformation
The first thing is to get la business unit wants to transform itself instead of doing so by imposition of "those above." For this, the best way to achieve this is do it from the client.
- Why? We have been checking for some time that Customer Experience is one of the most powerful levers to motivate change. After all, in customer service, the consumer is - and should be - the center.
- How? Each business unit measure the experience of your customers and we We must give them the tools, how to do it and the result. Thus, they get a personalized photo in which they get “how customers see me and what they need from me”, that is, “where they need my transformation”.
2 Who implants is the business unit
Each unit must be empowered and discover which path you should follow To achieve the transformation.
- Why? The people who make up each business unit are those who visualize the need and become the change engine. And if it does not arise from within, there will be no real long-term transformation.
- How? The leader must do it with online and offline tools to betray his team and thus give visibility in the organization of his successes with the client.
3 A personalized plan and paddle all at the same address
Starting from their individualized photo, each business unit must have a specific action plan - within a common framework - in which the main objective is Offer a consistent customer experience.
- Why? To follow a road closely linked to business, which starts from the client's need, and allows them to visualize what they will become for him and how they will impact his life.
- How? With microcontent and continuous challenges that do not involve extra activities, but Transform your day to day.
4 Measure, improve and scale
It is important to start with a minimum viable product, give us results while we apply it and can be scaled to the entire network, without implying a significant increase in costs.
- Why? For test, adjust and improve -Using agile and lean methodologies- to obtain results from day one and demonstrate its usefulness with arguments.
- How? Start with some business units constantly measuring progress, improving the model and scaling it without cost, in addition to using centralized metrics that allow us make decisions quickly.
Therefore, to realize the transformation that our network needs, we have to address a route plan based on Customer Experience, that allows us to visualize the desired business unit and mark the path from where we are today, to move forward, step by step, obtaining results and continuous improvement from day one.
Thus, there is no doubt that, if we apply these concrete improvements - impacting on the client from day one -, we will achieve the transformation that our network needs, guiding the culture of our organizations where the sector is heading and Making the future of our company a reality.